Acarin has tremendous expertise in developing innovative and mission-focused mobile app solutions and web development services. We specialize in custom chatbots for startups and Fortune 500 enterprises. We provide a full cycle of chatbot development from idea to post-launch support and training.
What Exactly is a Chatbot?
A chatbot is an artificial intelligence (AI) software that can simulate a conversation (or a chat) with a user in natural language through messaging applications, websites, mobile apps or through the telephone.
Why You Should Use Chatbots In Business?
Chatbot applications streamline interactions between people and services, enhancing customer experience. At the same time, they offer companies new opportunities to improve the customers’ engagement process and operational efficiency by reducing the typical cost of customer service.
No doubt, more and more companies are investing in tech to improve their customer service, especially in artificial intelligence (AI). One piece of software that almost all companies are investing in is chatbots. This is because of their automation capabilities, availability, and access to a broad array of info.
- Customer service response times: Upon a customer posting an inquiry, a chatbot can generate an answer within seconds. This gets the conversation going right away.
- Cost efficiency: Sure, you’ll need to pay for the AI software. But this will definitely cost you less in the long run compared to paying staff in-house to handle these inquiries
- Human touch: Responses by chatbots can mimic human answers. In some instances, customers won’t even notice they talk to a robot.
- 24/7 Customer support: To maximize your availability and provide 24-hour service without paying extreme labor costs, use chatbots.
- Satisfy Customers’ needs: Research shows 8 of 10 chat sessions can be resolved by a chatbot. In some instances, a chatbot can transfer the conversation to a customer service representative.
- Reduce errors: You can rely on chatbots to always give users the correct answers. While it takes away the apprehension of things going wrong, it also keeps customers satisfied.
How to use Chatbots for Business?
Identify the purpose of your Chatbot: You have to understand first why you’re gonna use a chatbot in your business. This purpose can be the needs of your audience. You can use your bot to give your users what they want. It can be the answers to their questions, products they can buy, or articles they can read.
Selecting the platform: This depends completely on your audience’s preference. You’ll have to classify what platform your audience uses to connect with you and then build a bot for it.
How does a Chatbot Work?
A chatbot returns a response based on input from a user. This process may look simple; in practice, things are quite complex.
The ability to identify the user’s intent and extract data and relevant entities contained in the user’s request is the first condition and the most relevant step at the core of a chatbot: If you are not able to correctly understand the user’s request, you won’t be able to provide the correct answer.
Chatbot vs. Voice bot
These, just like chatbots, have the goal of automating certain processes but with a more personal role. As the name might suggest, voice bots only receive voice commands and respond in the same way. Moreover, they have a more individual support role.
They work as a kind of personal assistant that responds to voice inputs. The most common examples are Siri and Alexa. But every day, more companies launch their own voice bots.
Speech Recognition technology is what allows a system to convert voice commands and translate them into text. Once translated, that information goes through the same processing that a written text message would have in a “normal” chatbot. Besides being quick-to-implement solutions, they’re easily adaptable with any integration the customer wants, including voice functionality.
Which Chatbot Application is Right for You?
There are different approaches and tools that you can use to develop a chatbot. Depending on the use case you want to address, some chatbot technologies are more appropriate than others. In order to achieve the desired results, the combination of different AI forms such as natural language processing, machine learning and semantic understanding may be the best option.
A chatbot is one of the latest trends in digital marketing. It’s designed to automate repetitive tasks as well as create a flawless simulation of a human conversation.
Implementing chatbots in your business can be of great benefit because they can reduce costs, save time, improve customer journeys, increase conversions, and most importantly, keep your customers satisfied and happy. You can also use it to enhance the experience of customers tremendously.